AVG offers a Do Not Track feature that lets you articulate your decision not to be tracked by some websites, applications and advertising networks.
AVG Do Not Track helps you identify websites that are collecting data about your online activities. An icon in your browser shows the websites or advertisers collecting data about your activity and gives you the choice to allow or disallow it. The supported web browsers are Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
There are three types of data collection activities recognized by AVG Do Not Track:
- Web analytics: Services used to improve the performance and experience of the respective website. Web analytics are allowed by default.
- Social buttons: Elements designed for improving the social-networking experience. Social buttons are served from the social networks to the site you are visiting. They can collect data about your online activity while you are logged-in. Examples of Social buttons include: Facebook Social Plugins, Twitter Button, Google +1. Social buttons are allowed by default.
You can either block or allow individual services directly in the AVG Do Not Track interface, or manage settings for all of them together.
In addition, AVG Do Not Track supports the W3C DNT protocol to automatically notify sites that you don’t want to be tracked. This notification is enabled by default, but can be changed at any time.
AVG Do Not Track is provided under these terms and conditions.
AVG Do Not Track is enabled by default, but can be easily disabled at any time. Instructions can be found in the FAQ article “Disabling the AVG Do Not Track feature.”.
You can either block or allow individual service directly in the AVG Do Not Track interface, or manage settings for all services:
- Open AVG Do Not Track by clicking its icon on your browser bar.
- By clicking the eye icon at each particular service, you can block or allow it; alternatively, you can use the Block All / Unblock All button.
- To manage all services at once, click Settings at the bottom of the AVG Do Not Track interface, select the services to be blocked, and then click Save to save the changes.
The supported web browsers are Internet Explorer
, Mozilla Firefox
and Google Chrome